I often cook this salad for guests and on holidays. The salad has a rich taste, and the composition of the salad can be changed a little. In the end, I will write about how you can diversify the taste of the salad.
- 1/2 Red onion
- 2-3 Tomatoes (or ten small ones)
- 1/2 Cucumber or 3-4 small one
- 1-2 Bell pepper
- 100 g Feta cheese
- 50-70 g Black (green) olives
- 5 teaspoons Olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Lemon juice (or balsamic vinegar)
- Black pepper
First, chop all vegetables
Cut into large chunks (cubes) of tomatoes, cucumber, and bell peppers. Slice red onion thinly. Chop the feta into 1/2-inch cubes. Cut your ingredients into similar-sized pieces.
Then, make the dressing
Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, or balsamic vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix it until blended.
Finally, mixed all together
Combine the tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, bell pepper, and olives in a bowl. Scatter the feta. Tossed with dressing and serve.
- I prefer to use small cucumbers for the salad, they are the most crunchy with tiny seeds.
- I recommend cold-pressed olive oil for this recipe.
- You can also add fresh mint leaves, garlic, and dried oregano.
- I like to mix red, green, and yellow bell peppers. Then the salad looks bright and festive.
The recipe is easy to follow, and the notes on ingredient substitutions and additions are great for adding your own personal touch. I especially love using small cucumbers for this salad, they add a great crunch and texture. Overall, this salad is a real crowd-pleaser, and I highly recommend it for any occasion. Whether you're hosting a dinner party or just looking for a healthy and flavorful meal, this Greek salad is sure to impress!
Welcome to my food blog! My name is Viky, and I am passionate about cooking, eating, and traveling. I am always on the lookout for new recipes to try, and I enjoy sharing my culinary experiences and food photography with you.