Roasted chestnuts are my favorite autumn snack. It has a unique sweet flavor with a soft texture. September to November is the best time to try this delicious snack!
First, prepare the chestnuts.
Place the chestnuts in a bowl of cold water for 1-6 hours.
Then make an incision.
Make an X-shaped cut on the round side of each chestnut. It makes peeling easier and prevents the nuts from exploding while cooking (I am using a serrated knife).
Finally, bake it!
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). A hot oven helps to separate chestnuts from their woodsy skin.
- Place the chestnuts on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast in the oven for about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the nuts from the oven.
- Wrap the chestnuts in a tea towel for 5-10 minutes
- Sprinkle them with sea salt and eat them as fast as possible
This recipe is so simple yet produces such a delicious and satisfying snack. The instructions are easy to follow and the end result is a soft and tasty chestnut that melts in your mouth. I highly recommend trying it out!
I tried this recipe and it was amazing! The chestnuts turned out perfectly roasted and had a deliciously sweet flavor that was enhanced by the sea salt. It's the perfect snack for a chilly autumn day.
Welcome to my food blog! My name is Viky, and I am passionate about cooking, eating, and traveling. I am always on the lookout for new recipes to try, and I enjoy sharing my culinary experiences and food photography with you.